A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer in order to recognise him or her. The cookies we use help us improve the quality of our website and allow us to control which pages are useful for our users and which ones are not.
Cookies are essential for the operation of websites. They offer numerous advantages in terms of offering interactive services, making browsing easier and facilitating the operation of websites. Keep in mind that cookies cannot harm your computer. On the contrary, they enable us to identify and resolve errors.
The information provided below is designed to help you understand the different types of cookies:
- Session cookies: temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website. They are not recorded on your hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. Ultimately, they allow us to provide a better experience, improve content and enhance usability.
- Permanent cookies: these are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them every time you make a return visit. These cookies have a specific expiration date, after which they stop working.
Below we have provided a list of the main cookies used on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies, such as those that allow users to navigate properly and those that allow us to provide services requested by users, as well as cookies to ensure that the content of the website loads effectively.
- Third-party cookies, such as those used by social networks and external plug-in content.
- Analytical cookies allow us to compile statistical activity data for the purpose of periodic maintenance and with the aim of guaranteeing that users can enjoy the best possible service.
LIST AND DESCRIPTION OF THE COOKIES WE USE ON THE WEBSITE:
The list below shows the cookies used on our website:
_utma: www.trema.cat uses Google Analytics to track activity on the website. Expiry: 2 years.
_utmb: Google Analytics cookies anonymously compile standard log-in information and data about visitor habits. Expiry: 30 minutes.
_utmc: Expiry: end of session.
_utmz: developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies (in English). Expiry: 6 months.
_utmv: Expiry: 2 years.
ADDITIONAL SAFEGUARDS – MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES:
As an extra safeguard in addition to those described above, the registration of cookies may be subject to acceptance during the installation or update of the browser used. This acceptance may be revoked at any time through the content and privacy settings available in each browser.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode in which cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on the browser, this private mode has different names. Below you will find a list of the most common browsers and the different names used for this private mode:
Internet Explorer 8 and higher: InPrivate
Safari 2 and higher: Private Browsing
Opera 10.5 and higher: Private Browsing
FireFox 3.5 and higher: Private Browsing
Google Chrome 10 and higher: Incognito
Important: Please read the help section of your browser carefully to learn more about how to activate private mode. You will still be able to visit our website with private mode activated, although your browsing experience may not be optimal and some features may not work properly.